On this page:
Click here for details on how to apply to our waiting list.
Group Scout Leader: Adam Young
Group Secretary: Chris Martin
Scout Hut (evenings): 020 8460 5036
The most valuable commodity that anybody can give a scout group is time and we always need somebody to do just that.
Perhaps you’d like to be a leader, administrator or skills instructor?
Why? Being a leader is fun. Everything can go wrong your best laid plans can fall away but still you and your beavers can have a brilliant night.
Some people do it to add to their CV, others do it to give something back to the community. It is an exciting challenge and I have never seen a night run perfectly! that is part of the fun.
So, could you help us?
* None of our Leaders are paid they are all volunteers.
* The majority of our Leaders have full time jobs and a family.
* 44 percent of our Leaders are female.
* Leaders get involved because they want to have fun and make new friends.
* Leaders don’t have to be ‘superheroes’ who know everything. They are given training on the job and learn new skills as they go along. The one thing that unites our Leaders is the energy and enthusiasm they have for giving young people the adventure of Scouting
* 27 percent of volunteers help out in Scouting as they are a parent of a current Member. Many were not Scouts when they were young but have learnt new skills and made new friends throughScouting.
* Many of our adult volunteers say they are more confident in their everyday lives as a result of their involvement with Scouting.
* All our Leaders are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy while taking part in Scouting
Please talk to us, send an email or talk to one of the leaders after a meeting.
We’re getting better at fundraising but we need to do more. We are all volunteers at the 5th (like every scout group) and we’re looking for some parents who could help us with one or two events every year.
Your help lets us do ever more with the kids.
Safeguarding (often called child protection) is at the heart of all that we do.
The Association’s policy is:
It is the policy of The Scout Association to safeguard the welfare of all Members by protecting them from neglect and from physical, sexual and emotional harm.
Accordingly The Scout Association is committed to:
- taking into account in all its considerations and activities the interests and well-being of young people;
- respecting the rights, wishes and feelings of the young people with whom it is working;
- taking all reasonable practicable steps to protect them from neglect, physical, sexual and emotional harm;
- promoting the welfare of young people and their protection within a relationship of trust.
Nationally, HQ at Gilwell can be contacted via the website
You can also speak to the NSPCC
If a child is at immediate risk of harm. Please call 999 or the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000, immediately.
www.thefifth.org.uk – Privacy Statement
www.thefifth.org.uk is managed by 5th Beckenham South Scout Group executive committee and we take the issue of privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact the webmaster at
1. The Information we collect
2. Registration information
If you register with www.thefifth.org.uk, we ask for your name and email address. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of 5th Beckenham South Scout Group.
4. Legal jurisdiction.
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
5. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our user database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret;
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details;
- to log off from the www.thefifth.org.uk service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.scouts.org.uk service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the www.thefifth.org.uk service
www.thefifth.org.uk uses small files known as “cookies” to enhance your use of the site. They have the following functions:
- To hold Members’ login information. This option can be turned off by switching the “Remember Your Password” option to “No” in your registration details.
- To ensure the best use of the www.thefifth.org.uk service by Members, by means of a temporary cookie. These cookies disappear when the Member’s browser session ends, or if the Member clicks the “sign off” text.
7. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
8. Contacting www.thefifth.org.uk
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.thefifth.org.uk , you can contact us using the contact us button on the home page.
9. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information